XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include the $100 Million XPRIZE Carbon Removal with Elon Musk, $20 Million NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE, $15 Million XPRIZE Feed the Next Billion, $10 Million XPRIZE Rainforest, $10 Million ANA Avatar XPRIZE, $6 Million XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing, $5 Million IBM Watson AI XPRIZE, $5 Million XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling, and $500,000 Pandemic Response Challenge. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
The Director of Marketing & Communications provides strategic direction and vision to communications and marketing for XPRIZE competitions and initiatives. S/he will report to the CMO.
- Create and implement global communications and media strategy that drives growth, awareness, and brand recognition
- Provide leadership in developing and implementing company communication strategy, serving as an expert in best practices that encourage collaboration and innovation.
- Develop and manage thought leadership that utilizes integrated marketing and communications – digital and social media communications, editorial, etc.
- Partner with sponsors, partners, key leaders, and stakeholders across the foundation to collaborate and facilitate engagement in executing communications and marketing plans
- Manage company media relations by establishing contacts and relationships with relevant, influential media and thought leaders.
- Maintain, evolve brand standards, guidelines, action plans and voice for the company through all communication
- Manage outside agencies and vendors as well as internal resources to provide proper support for XPRIZE competitions, initiatives and more.
- 8+ years of experience of communications, PR, strategy experience and demonstrated success at an agency, content studio or brand
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with social media and executive thought leadership.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing, communications concepts and principles.
- Meticulous, collaborative, able to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications and proven record of success in developing and executing on complex communication plans
- In-depth knowledge of social media and communications platforms.
- Impeccable writing, editing, presentation and oral communication skills
- Strong people management and leadership skills with the ability to mentor, coach, and engage an extremely high-performing team.
- Media/Press contacts in the industry.
- Data-driven and experience using communication analytics platforms (Cision, Critical Mention, etc.).
- Experience with a startup or highly entrepreneurial company preferred.
- Global experience required.
- Ensures Accountability
- Action Oriented
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Builds Networks
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Balances Stakeholder
- Strategic Mindset
- Instills Trust
XPRIZE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture team at 310-741-4880 or via email at [email protected]
For jobs located at main offices or work from home; Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.