XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of over 1M people and rising, delivering truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity. For over 25 years, XPRIZE has used competitions as the most efficient way to leverage philanthropic investment for impact and an exponential return, in some cases multiplying prize purses 10x – 50x. The first-ever XPRIZE competition, the $10 Million Ansari XPRIZE for sub-orbital spaceflight, captured the world’s imagination and catalyzed a multi-billion-dollar commercial private space industry. XPRIZE most recently made headlines by launching the largest incentive prize in history, $100 Million XPRIZE Carbon Removal funded by Elon Musk and the Musk Foundation on Earth Day 2021, with a goal to rebalance Earth’s carbon cycle. In total, XPRIZE has launched 25 competitions with more than $293 Million in prize purses. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
XPRIZE is seeking an experienced Education and Society Lead to drive operational excellence and overall excellence in our Prizes and Challenges programs. The Education and Society Lead will play a key leadership role by leading strategy execution of the Education & Society Domain.
This position will be responsible for leading all program teams within the domain.
- Oversees and engages with all Education and Society Lead Programs
- Leads crafting of domain vision
- Ensures connectivity and collaboration throughout Domain and to XPRIZE organization
- Accountable for successful delivery of prizes, challenges, prize designs in the domain
- Budget authority on program spending within the domain
- 10-12 years of relevant professional experience in the domain category
- Subject matter expert in the domain, Ph.D. with established trust, credibility, reputation, and integrity in that domain’s community outside of XPRIZE
- Strong Leadership capability to manage a small group with a great degree of motivation and creativity.
- Future forward thinker with ability to think outside the box.
- Strong Industry awareness and an established network in the domain space.
- Experience in leading senior-level meetings, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Strong collaborator with experience building and working with Ecosystems and partner organizations
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility experience
- Track record in overseeing and leading individuals to smooth execution of multiple initiatives and projects
- Skilled in interacting with professionals at all levels of authority within major corporations, government agencies, and research institutions.
- Strong business writing and professional verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules and deadlines.
- Highly strategic, with proven crisis management experience.
- Highly collaborative individual who can work well with others
- Ability to create, motivate, and lead a strong team and align teams toward a vision and purpose
- Action oriented
- Organized and highly analytic
- Manages Ambiguity
- Collaborates internally and externally
- Communicates Effectively and professionally
- Manages Complexity
- Able to plan, align and direct the work of others
- Global and Future Forward Perspective
- Curious mind with a zest for learning
- Ability to build networks and utilize them as necessary
- Able to drives results and measure them through analytics
- Able to adapt easily and demonstrate situational awareness
- Builds Effective Teams
To apply please fill out the following form: https://airtable.com/shrTzgJXzpTzlXTSU
The XPRIZE Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and does not unlawfully discriminate in employment. Equal access to employment, services, and programs is available to all persons. Those applicants requiring reasonable accommodation to the application and/or interview process should notify a representative of the organization.
Please note: Though submitting a resume to the XPRIZE Foundation implies that you are interested in a position(s), it does not imply that you are an applicant. You are not considered an applicant until you have been contacted directly by a Talent Acquisitions representative requesting that you begin the designated application process, which may involve phone and/or in-person interview(s), job-related testing, and background checks.