XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include the $100 Million XPRIZE Carbon Removal with Elon Musk, $20 Million NRG COSIA Carbon XPRIZE, $15 Million XPRIZE Feed the Next Billion, $10 Million XPRIZE Rainforest, $10 Million ANA Avatar XPRIZE, $6 Million XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing, $5 Million IBM Watson AI XPRIZE, $5 Million XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling, and $500,000 Pandemic Response Challenge. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
The Marketing Strategist will provide strategic and tactical marketing support for multiple XPRIZE competitions and initiatives. S/he will report to the Director of Marketing.
An XPRIZE Marketing Strategist is:
- A Problem Solver: Solving brand problems through the creative & innovative solutions
- A Creative: Creating out of the box and first to market concepts to connect with our audiences
- A Storyteller: Helping XPRIZE tell impactful, world-changing stories
- A Trend Hunter: Forward-thinking, brainstorming at the speed of culture
- Insights-Minded: Comfortable working with data and understand how to derive insights from data points
- Versatile: Equal parts creative and strategic, able to balance creative integrity with foundation needs
- Responsible for marketing strategy, storytelling and execution for all aspects of a prize lifecycle (3+ years), including activations, experiences, social media, production, PR, branding, design and collateral.
- Partners with multiple internal and external stakeholders to achieve marketing goals.
- Assist in creating campaign architectures and messaging strategy for XPRIZE competitions and initiatives
- Work with analysts/data partners to find data-driven and culturally relevant insights
- Develop briefs and partner with internal/external editorial and creative teams through the strategic and concepting process
- Exhibit high-quality writing and storytelling ability
- 4+ years of experience of marketing, communications, strategy experience and demonstrated success at an agency, content studio or brand
- Experience with a startup or highly entrepreneurial company preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Sound business judgment; strategic and analytical capabilities
- Deep knowledge of and experience with social media and digital marketing.
- Comprehensive knowledge of marketing concepts and principles.
- Ability to perform complex tasks typically following established processes.
- Primarily focused on administering established policies and procedures but may have some impact on departmental budgeting, strategic planning, and procedural change.
- Meticulous, collaborative, able to work well under pressure and maintain a positive attitude
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Ensures Accountability
- Action Oriented
- Business Insight
- Communicates Effectively
- Values Differences
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Builds Networks
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Demonstrates Self-awareness
- Balances Stakeholder
- Strategic Mindset
- Instills Trust
XPRIZE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture team at 310-741-4880 or via email at [email protected]
For jobs located at main offices or work from home; Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.