XPRIZE is a global future-positive movement of 1M people and rising. As a 501(c)3, XPRIZE delivers truly radical breakthroughs for the benefit of humanity and solves some of the world’s greatest challenges. Active competitions include $100M XPRIZE Carbon Removal, $10M XPRIZE Rainforest, $5M XPRIZE Rapid COVID Testing, $5M XPRIZE Rapid Reskilling, as well as the $10M ANA Avatar XPRIZE, $5M IBM Watson AI XPRIZE, and $1M Next-Gen Mask Challenge. Join XPRIZE to help create a better future for everyone, everywhere.
The Coalition of Black Excellence and XPRIZE are joining forces to launch the Racial Equity Alliance powered by Intel (REA), a global cross-sector, cross-industry coalition combining the power of collaboration and shared innovation to build a more just and equitable world. By working together, sharing ideas, identifying areas of need, and offering resources, the REA will accelerate promising and vetted solutions to combat racial and social injustice.
For this, XPRIZE Foundation is seeking an experienced Director with documented Racial Equity accomplishments and outcomes. This professional has driven large, complex projects across an ecosystem of diverse entities, has successfully organized and orchestrated past activities, challenges and events associated with projects similar to the Racial Equity Alliance. This Director will create the project plan, manage the budget, coordinate Alliance members and committees in executing the day-to-day activities associated with Alliance events, projects and communications. In order to achieve this, the Director is expected to work and plan across different XPRIZE departments who contribute to Alliance deliverables, including marketing, IT, partnership, sponsorships and events. The Director will also act as the external face of the Racial Equity Alliance as it relates to engaging Alliance partners and members at various events and workshops.
- You will lead and act as one of the key faces of the Racial Equity Alliance, accountable for Alliance formation and execution of the Alliance to meet its defined objectives.
- Work across Alliance Core team, other XPRIZE teams and organizations, the REA and other BrainTrusts, partners, and members to achieve Racial Equity Alliance goals
- Manage Alliance budget and report on Alliance performance/KPIs/key decisions to Alliances leadership, Executive Leaders and Alliance Sponsors
- Support Advancement for Alliance Fundraising, meet budgetary goals and ensure sustainability of the Racial Equity Alliance
- Accountable that all Alliance deliverables are met
- Sit on the Alliance Steering Committee
As the Director of the Racial Equity Alliance, you will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Development and management of Alliance operational plans
- Management of the Racial Equity Alliance team
- Alliance public launch planning and execution
- Coordinate with and enlist engagement from key Alliance members and brain trusts who contribute to Alliance projects
- Help support brand and ensure the overall mission of the Alliance is carried out in a successful fashion
- Support Alliances group leadership with budget management as needed.
- Identify and execute on means of driving continued and increased engagement from Alliance members, expansion to new members, and means of driving idea and solution development.
- Risk identification and mitigation
- Coordinate Alliance deliverables across various XPRIZE organizations
- Support XPRIZE core prizes/challenges/initiatives with the assets and capabilities of the Alliance, where needed.
- 7-10 years of relevant professional experience, ideally as a Director, Project Manager or Senior Manager with notable accomplishments in leading Racial Equity efforts on behalf of an organization or corporation
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred. May substitute significant experience on a year-for-year basis.
- Domain expert / Ensure credibility related to the focus of the Racial Equity Alliance
- Industry awareness and, ideally, an established network in the space
- Ability to lead senior-level meetings, webinars, workshops, etc.
- Experience building and working with Ecosystems and partner organizations
- Demonstrated P&L experience
- Experienced people manager and influencer
- Proven skill in interacting with professionals at all levels of authority within major corporations, government agencies, and research institutions.
- Strong business writing and professional verbal communication skills.
- Ability to thrive and think creatively and calmly in highly fluid situations and under intense schedules and deadlines.
- Highly diplomatic, with proven crisis management experience.
- Action Oriented
- Manages Ambiguity
- Collaborates internally and externally
- Communicates Effectively and professionally
- Manages Complexity
- Directs Work
- Global Perspective
- Nimble Learning
- Plans and Aligns
- Drives Results
- Situational Adaptability
- Builds Effective Teams
- Drives Vision and Purpose
XPRIZE complies with federal and state disability laws and makes reasonable accommodations for applicants and employees with disabilities. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact the People & Culture team at 310-741-4880 or via email at [email protected]
For jobs located at main offices or work from home; Work is primarily sedentary in nature; there are no special physical demands.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. This description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned. This job description is subject to change at any time.